These days, everyone seems to be saying don’t be misled by misinformation. Let’s face the truth. If you shoot enough foul shots you’re eventually going to miss one. If you throw enough passes you’re eventually going to throw an interception. It’s just a matter of time before a professional golf player eventually misses a very easy chip shot on the green that the average person could make. It doesn’t matter if you make over 20 million dollars a year, or you’re touted as the greatest player in history. Everyone falls short of the mark at some point in time. Yes, even a legend like Michael Jordan wishes he had a “Mulligan” back in the day.
With this in mind, if you sew enough patches, perform enough alterations or dry clean enough uniforms you will eventually fall short of the military standards set forth in AR 670-1. Every sewing and dry-cleaning shop in the greater Ft. Drum region has sewn its share of crooked patches. Even seamstress with 20 years of experience are quite fallible. With this in mind sewing skills, alterations abilities and dry cleaning standards are less important than a company’s policies and guarantees. The real question is if a company will stand behind its work, and will they make timely corrections at no cost to the customer when necessary. At Bradley’s, the answer is always yes. We totally stand behind our work with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Allow me to support my position here:
· Bradley’s recognizes the needs of the soldier have to come first and far most in our lives. Why? Because it puts food on our table, and we know who is paying the bills.
· Bradley’s guarantees all of its soldier services will meet the standards set forth by AR 670-1.
· Bradley’s offers a 30-day 100% guarantee as well.
· Bradley’s offers a guarantee that its new and used genuine issue items will clear CIF.
· Bradley’s guarantees if we miss a deadline on any sewing, alterations or dry-cleaning orders it will be completed at no cost to our customers. In other departments, such as in the Bradley’s promotion shop, we may offer an “At Cost” discount due to the expensive materials involved.
· If correction work is ever required the order will receive the highest priority, and it will be completed immediately or “on-the-spot.”
· Effective immediately, all of these guarantees I have just mentioned will be clearly posted at ALL of Bradley’s registers. It should be noted that we have always maintained these high standards in the past, but we will do a better job at communicating these guarantees in the future.
· As you see, Bradley’s has no tolerance for substandard work, and we are committed to provide our customers with the best shopping experience EVERY TIME they shop on-line or at our store. We will do everything humanly possible to ensure your orders is completed on time and up to AR 670-1 standards. This is a promise you can take to the bank.
What can the average customer do to head off any potential problems.
1. Don’t wait to the last moment before a big inspection or deployment. This is what the average soldier does, and it typically leads to longer turn-around-times. If you want your work to be done quickly and without any stress don’t wait till the last moment. Get in front of the game.
2. When you place your order clearly state when YOU MUST receive it. It is typical for an employee to request a longer deadline when business is heavy. With this in mind, if you have an emergency of your own DEMAND a specific deadline that suits your own needs. Bradley’s must meet this request unless it is not humanly possible. Keep in mind that during huge deployments and big inspections Bradley’s may not be able to meet your requested deadline, but this doesn’t happen often. Furthermore, if we can’t meet your needs our staff should direct you to another company who could possibly take care of you faster. If we can’t meet your needs we should at least direct you to someone who might be able to do this. If this is not taking place ask to speak to a manager. If for any reason you are dissatisfied with your service you shouldn’t walk out the store dissatisfied. Speak with a manager, and if you are still dissatisfied then demand to speak with Bradley’s President.
3. If you have done your homework, know the market’s rates and feel Bradley’s is significantly charging too much, then ask to speak to a manager. If the information you provide is accurate then Bradley’s managers have no other option but to meet or beat our competition’s prices. Why must they do this? Because I’m telling you they must, and I’m the president of Bradley’s. We won’t allow Bradley’s to be sorely beaten by anyone.
4. Always inspect your order before you leave Bradley’s. Make sure your order meets your expectations. It’s easier for everyone involved if we can immediately resolve a problem.
Bradley’s has high standards, short deadlines, talented employees and a long history of service. I know Bradley’s is fully aware of the Army’s standards, and we meet them on a daily basis. Allow me to support why I know this is the truth.
· For the first 18 years of my life I lived the life of a “military brat.” During this time, I went to 13 different schools before I graduated from high school. My father (William E. McKinney) dedicated 30 years of active duty service to the Air Force. My Father-in-Law (Charles Wilbert Elliott) served 4 years in World War II with the Navy, and his brother (William Elliott) is a retired Army Colonel with 30 years of experience. My Father-in-Law’s oldest son (“Wib” Elliott) dedicated 30 years of service to the Air Force. He was a pilot who achieved the rank of full Colonel. My active duty military career pales in comparison to the rest of my family, but I served in the Army for roughly 6 years. I enlisted as a Private in the field artillery and rose to the rank of Lieutenant. I was a “Distinguished Military Graduate” at Clarkson University in 1990. Not many years later, I started Bradley’s, and I have been serving the needs of Ft. Drum’s soldiers for the last 25 years. I think it is fair to say I have a certain level of expertise when it comes to AR-670-1, the Army community and supporting the needs of soldiers. My whole life revolves around the Army in one way or another. *Additional Note: Even my only sibling’s ex-husband is a retired Sergeant Major.
· Bradley’s has a 25-year track record of taking care of Ft. Drum’s soldiers. You don’t last this long in business if you’re less than honest or if you’re completely incompetent.
· Bradley’s offers the widest selection of “Soldier Services” and “Genuine Issue Surplus” under one roof in the North Country’s civilian sector.
· Bradley’s has the largest “civilian sector service team” dedicated to the needs of soldiers in Northern New York.
· We have a talented workforce that consist of former soldiers, retirees and other civilian employees with extensive military experience. It’s not uncommon to find an employee who has worked at Bradley’s for 5 to 10 years. We even have one employee with 20 years of service.
· Bradley’s has produced 3 talented seamstresses who went on to start their own businesses in Northern New York. Two have won bids and conducted operations at the Ft. Drum’s Alterations Shop. Another former employee followed her dream and created “Joanne’s Sewing Head Quarters” on Route 3. Joanne’s has been in business for roughly 20 years, and some of Bradley’s former seamstresses have gone on to form their own “dream teams.”
· Some of our present employees have formerly worked at our competitor’s stores, and some of Bradley’s past employees have went on to work for our competition. This infusion of experienced employees has helped Bradley’s, and some our former employees have also gone on to improve our competition’s operations. In the end, this only improves the quality of service soldiers receive when they’re stationed at Ft. Drum.
· Bradley’s launched its operations with $10,000 in starting capital in 1992. Today we have created one of the best military retail stores in the nation that offers genuine issued military products and AR 670-1 services. We have built an impressive 15,000 square foot store. Any customer who has regularly shopped at Bradley’s over the last decade has obviously witnessed our remarkable transformation. They have also witnessed our commitment to constant and never-ending improvement. What is even more impressive is that the best improvements have occurred over the last 16 months.
Once again, Bradley’s is completely committed to providing you with the best shopping experience every time you shop at our store. If you are not 100% satisfied PLEASE speak with our managers or Bradley’s president before you leave our store. Give us the opportunity to immediately address your concerns or correct a problem. This is the most productive way to bring about the changes that you would like to see. Thank you for giving Bradley’s the opportunity to earn your business.
William G. McKinney
Bradley’s Military Enterprises